Save $1000 per person on an amazing rail, sail and drive tour of New Zealand. Was $4499 per person, now pay from $3499 per person as you celebrate the beauty of the South and North Islands in this extraordinary New Zealand holiday!
Fly to picturesque Queenstown, famously known as the adventure capital of New Zealand. Then drive to Milford Sound for the most spectacular way to explore the stunning region – overnighting aboard the Fiordland Navigator.
Cruise to the open sea with the nature guide and friendly crew, before anchoring for the night in sheltered Harrison Cove. Wildlife viewing opportunities and a special dinner are all part of the unforgettable experience.
Jump back in the car and head to Franz Josef Glacier where you have two nights to explore the lively town in the heart of the West Coast. Of course, the unmissable attraction is to get a good view of the famous 12km long glacier.
Next is another spellbinding highlight aboard one of the world’s great train journeys, the TranzAlpine Scenic Train. Travel across the South Island, from west to east, through Arthur’s Pass National Park and descend to the Canterbury Plains before arriving in Christchurch.
After time to explore the southern capital, it’s another thrilling journey, this time aboard the Coastal Pacific Train and interisland ferry from Christchurch to Wellington.
Travelling between Christchurch and Picton, the Coastal Pacific meanders breathtakingly close to the sea, where the roaring Pacific Ocean meets the rising Kaikōura mountains.
The Coastal Pacific isn’t just a scenic activity, combined with the Interislander Ferry it is the perfect way to connect between the South and North islands.
Enjoy two nights discover the highlights of Wellington, the Harbour Capital and board the Northern Explorer train bound for Auckland. Experience the extremes of New Zealand’s scenery, from the fertile farmlands of Waikato to the volcanic peaks of the Central Plateau and the sparkling Kapiti coast.
A three-night stay in Auckland caps off this breathtaking journey perfectly before it’s time to say Mā te wā Aotearoa – see you next time New Zealand!
Why you’ll love this trip:
- Explore Milford Sound on the Fiordland Navigator, nothing compares to a night on the fjord
- Stay 3 nights in Queenstown and 2 nights in Franz Josef and Christchurch
- Enjoy the convenience of car hire to see more of the South Island
- Travel on the world-famous TranzAlpine Scenic Train
- Take an amazing ride on the heritage trams around Christchurch’s city loop
- The Coastal Pacific and Interisland ferry connect the South and North islands
- Discover the delights of Wellington and Auckland with extended stays & bus tours
- Flights from Australia are included on this worry-free holiday!
Your Holiday Includes:
- Flights – Return economy airfare to Queenstown & from Auckland
- Fly from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane (ask for other cities)
- Car hire – 6 days Economy, automatic vehicle
- Unlimited kilometres
- Pick up Queenstown Airport, drop off Greymouth Rail Terminal
- Accommodation – 12 nights in standard rooms, twin share
- 3 nights Queenstown – Quest Hotel, Ramada Suites or Holiday Inn
- 2 nights Franz Josef – Punga View or Glacier View Motel
- 2 nights Christchurch – Quest on Manchester or Ramada Suites
- 2 nights Wellington – Mercure Hotel or similar
- 3 nights Auckland – Grand Central Serviced Apartments or similar
- Cruise – 1 night aboard Fiordland Navigator, private cabin, twin share
- 3-course dinner & cooked breakfast prepared by the onboard chef
- Kayaking & tender boat activities (weather dependent)
- Trains – TranzAlpine Scenic Train, one-way from Greymouth t0 Christchurch
- Coastal Pacific Train, one-way from Christchurch to Picton
- Northern Explorer Train, one-way from Wellington to Auckland
- Ferry – Interislander Ferry connects with the Coastal Pacific, from Picton to Wellington
- Sightseeing – Christchurch Hop On Hop Off Tram Tour
- Wellington Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
- Auckland Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
Departs Australia on Tuesdays, between the following dates:
2022 – 21 September to 31 December
2023 – 01 January to 11 May
High season surcharge of $300 per person applies from 10 December to 31 January and 1 to 25 April each year.
Contact: Australia & New Zealand Travel Company. Phone 1300 68910. www.anztravelco.com.au