We do love a tour that takes a deep dive into the alleyways, highways and byways where history happened. LuxuryEscapes has put together a small tour meandering around the Moorish Islamic architecture of Spain and Portugal, built after the Berber invasion.
Then it’s onto Morocco, home to the Berbers and the more recent, very relaxed invasion of Marrakech on the hippy trail to Europe. Bazaars, kasbahs and even a Knights Templar haunt are all waiting for you to explore.
This 2024 small group tour also features a Douro River cruise, wine tasting, Flamenco & Fado shows & Sahara camp stay, from A$6,999/person twin room (a saving up to 20%).
READER ALERT: We did not write the rest of this, please switch your hyperbole filters on now!
Follow the European sunshine on this gorgeous small-group tour (max. 24 travellers) through the sun-kissed countries of Spain, Portugal and Morocco . Experience Spain in all its glory and be transported to a place of culture and beauty.
Travel from the lively streets of Madrid, where you’ll taste the humble flavours of traditional Spanish tapas, to the passionate rhythms of flamenco echoing through the cobblestone alleys of Seville. Continue to Portugal and wander through the sparkling tiled streets of Lisbon, where pastel buildings cling to hillsides like cheerful confetti and the melancholic melodies of Fado music seep into your soul.
Board an enchanting Douro River Cruise, taste the exquisite wines of Pinhao, and witness the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Tomar Monastery that appears to be plucked from the pages of a storybook.
Immerse yourself in Morocco, where the golden dunes of the Sahara meet the bustling medinas of Marrakech, and modern aspirations dance harmoniously with centuries-old traditions. Lose yourself in the labyrinthine alleys of Fez, where the scent of spices and the echo of artisans’ hammers intertwine to create an immersive experience of authenticity.
Finally, lose yourself in the beauty of the Sahara Desert with a stay overnight in a camp nestled amongst the breathtaking landscape.
Small Group Tour, Big Highlights
Discover otherworldly peace among the magnificent rolling dunes of the Sahara Desert during an overnight stay at Golden Camp’s luxurious tent village in Merzouga.
Spread out beneath a canopy of twinkling stars, sit with your fellow travellers and immerse yourself in the nature and culture around you, while you savour the spices of an authentic Berber meal by the campfire.
Traditionally cooked in a mud oven, Berber cuisine is bursting with flavour from organically harvested produce and showcases their ancestral methods of cooking, still used today.
- 21 nights of handpicked accommodation
- One-way flight from Madrid to Casablanca
- Overnight stay in a Sahara Desert luxury camp
- Daily breakfast and select dining experiences as per itinerary
- Welcome tapas dinner in Madrid
- Traditional fado dinner show in Lisbon
- Wine tasting and local lunch in Pinhao
- Witness the immense beauty of Alhambra Palace
- Glide along a Douro River cruise through Porto
- Traditional flamenco dinner show in Granada
- See the former seat of the Knights Templar in Tomar
- Cruise the canals of Aveiro, known as the ‘Portuguese Venice’
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Roman Theatre in Merida
- Lose yourself in the narrow alleys of Fes’ medieval Medina
- See the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Roman ruins of Volubilis
- Take the ‘Road of 1,000 Kasbahs’ to the historic Ait Benhaddou fortress
- Barter in the colourful bazaars of Marrakech
- Strike out into Merzouga, portal to the Sahara Desert on a 4WD journey
- International flight from Madrid (MAD) to Casablanca (CMN)
- Follow an English-speaking tour director and local guides throughout
- Travel in a private luxury coach, with roundtrip airport transfers
- City taxes and entry fees as per the itinerary