We like to sort the wheat from the chaff as we know a Rover’s time is precious and you want the best of the best. What to do when there are six equally appealing choices by the same company on the same Christmas… list ’em and let you tiptoe through your imagination to see which cruise floats your boat.
The birthplace of jazz, the place where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired, where Hemingway typed tight prose and caught big game fish, the end (almost) of the Oregon Trail, and the last resting place of Elvis are just a few of the choices.
So this Christmas, why not plan ahead and make Christmas 2024 one to remember by booking one of six river or coastal cruises in the United States with American Cruise Lines. And to help more Australians enjoy the festive season next year on one of America’s beautiful waterways, Australian small ship cruise specialist, Cruise Traveller, is offering $500 per couple towards your airfare from Australia.
No cooking, no cleaning up and no unruly groups of relatives – just a magical, relaxing time spent on a boutique river or coastal vessel, enjoying Christmas on the water, feasting on gourmet cuisine and unfolding panoramas.
Cruise Traveller has released six special 2024 festive cruises in partnership with American Cruise Lines, with departures from December 19-23, 2024, and lasting seven or eight nights. The waterways range from America’s iconic Mississippi River and the Columbia and Snake rivers in US north-west to the Gulf of Mexico and Key West in Florida to the inland coastal channels of Georgia and South Carolina.
The six Christmas sailings on offer are:
- Eight-night package starting December 19, 2024, including a night in New Orleans and a seven-night cruise on the Mississippi River aboard American Melody to Memphis – from US$5390 per person, twin-share
Eight-night package starting December 20, 2024, including a night in Portland, Oregon, and a seven-night cruise on the Columbia and Snake rivers aboard American Harmony to Clarkston in Washington State – from US$6110 per person, twin-share
- Eight-night package starting December 21, 2024, including a night in New Orleans and a seven-night cruise on the Mississippi River aboard American Symphony to Memphis – from US$5075 per person, twin-share
- Seven-night cruise starting December 21, 2024, round-trip from Tampa, Florida, aboard American Glory along the Florida coast to tropical Key West – from US$6730 per person, twin-share
- Seven-night coastal waterway cruise starting December 22, 2024, from Amelia Island in Florida, through Georgia, to Charleston, South Carolina, aboard American Eagle – from US$5970 per person, twin-share
- Seven-night coastal waterway cruise starting December 23, 2024, from Amelia Island in Florida, through Georgia, to Charleston, South Carolina, aboard American Independence – from US$4425 per person, twin-share
All cruises include complimentary beer, wine, liquor, mixed drinks and champagne all day as well as coffee, tea and soft drinks at all times also. Included as well are onboard gratuities and featured excursions in each port such as the grand, colonial estates along the Mississippi, the rugged mountains and thundering waterfalls of Oregon and Washington in the US north-west, the remote, azure waters and coral reefs of Dry Tortugas National Park near Key West in Florida, and a boat tour of the alligator-rich Sea Pines Forest Preserve in South Carolina.
Fares start from US$4425 per person, twin-share. Book with Cruise Traveller by December 31, 2023, and receive A$250 per person towards your airfare from Australia. Conditions apply and subject to availability.
Visit www.CruiseTraveller.com.au/merryUSA (direct link) or call Cruise Traveller on 1800 507 777.